EUSAAT 2019 - 22nd European Congress on Alternatives to Animal Testing
In 2019 EUSAAT will hold its 22nd European Congress on Alternatives to Animal Testing and 19th Annual Conference on 10 - 13 October 2019 at the University of Linz, Austria.
This congress provides an opportunity to share scientific experience on alternatives to animal use in the life sciences, to get updated on the EU 3Rs policy and to discuss new concepts of implementing the 3Rs in academic education at the European and the international level.
Deadline for the submission of abstracts has been extended to 14 June 2019.
Some of the many topics addressed during the congress are:
- 3D Models & multi-organ-chips (MOC), human-organ-chips (HOC)
- Biological barriers: e.g. lung, gut, kidney & skin epithelia, blood-brain & blood-saliva barriers
- In Silico Models: toxicology & efficacy of drugs, chemicals & cosmetics, new approaches for biomedical research
- Disease models using HUMAN cells, tissues and organs
- Stem cell models and technology (hIPS, ES, mES, mIPS…)
- Alternatives to animal testing in food safety, nutrition and efficacy
EUSAAT, the European Society for Alternatives to Animal Testing, is the European 3Rs Society. EUSAAT is actively promoting the protection of experimental animals according to the 3Rs-Principle (refine - reduce - replace) developed by Bill Russel und Rex Burch in 1959.