Second WC11 newsletter published
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee, we cordially invite you to the 11th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences (WC11) in Maastricht, the Netherlands, on 23-27 August 2020. Please visit the congress website www.wc11maastricht.org for the latest updates.
Themes in a nutshell
The general theme of the congress, '3Rs in transition: from development to application', emphasizes the increasing focus on the use of better, more human-relevant models for personalized and preventive health care, safer products and innovative research.
A Scientific Committee is currently being established and the first meeting will take place before the end of this year. The Scientific Committee will set up the scientific program of the congress around four main themes:
- - Safety
- - Disease
- - Innovative technologies
- - Ethics and Welfare
These themes were defined to encourage the exchange of knowledge and ideas within and between research areas and sectors. In addition to the more traditional topics, WC11 will also cover cutting-edge issues and novel developments in 3Rs, including:
- Recent developments in 3D cell technology, organ/body-on-chip
approaches, advanced technologies for multi-scaled data generation
from existing and new non-animal-based models
- Translational research connecting in vitro results to the 'real life' situation
- Approaches for improving the effective use of existing data
- Methods for increasing the efficiency of validation efforts of emerging 3Rs models for predicting efficacy and safety of new products
- Marketing innovative 3Rs-based products and services: successes and pitfalls
- Regulatory issues, societal acceptance and implementation
We welcome further suggestions on topics for the scientific program, so please share your thoughts and subjects with us on our website: www.wc11maastricht.org.
Request for sponsors
WC11 offers great opportunities to both commercial and non-commercial organizations, allowing them to showcase their products and services. WC11 is expected to attract more than 1,000 attendees!
- - Please apply to exhibition and sponsorship and:
- - Present your business to an international audience of specialists in the field of alternatives and animal use in the life sciences
- - Meet new customers and explore new business opportunities
- - Promote/market your business/services
More information is available here: www.wc11maastricht.org/sponsorship